Thescelosaurus specimens

Peter Bucholtz wrote:

>Having perused Farlow and Brett-Surman's new volume, I came upon a skeletal
>reconstruction of _Thescelosaurus neglectus_ with a very weird skull.  My
>question is, has there been any new material discovered since about 1973 or
>so when Galton published his big paper on this beast?  Back then all that
>was known was a fragmentary skull cap and isolated teeth.  Has the
>sutuation changed at all?  If it has, where has it been published, or when
>might it be?

I don't know if it was specifically _T. neglectus_, but a freshly prepared,
fairly complete Thescelosaurus skeleton, including skull, was displayed
at the Tucson show a couple years ago by one of the companies making
air-abrasive machines (I think it was S. S. White).  I'm not sure if
they owned the specimen, but I seem to remember talk of someone
being in the process of describing it.  I myself have a
Thescelosaurus tibia and one vertebra from South Dakota, Hell
Creek Fm.  They looked identical in size and shape to the corresponding
bones on the Tuscon specimen, which I believe was also from the Hell
Creek Fm.

Glen Kuban
paleo@ix.netcom.com