Lost World sauropod (was Re: _Velociraptor_ or Size)

On 11-11-97, Daniel Varner <danvarner@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>No Jeff, you are thinking of Marcel Delgado who constructed most of
Willis
> O'Brien's animation models in _The Lost World_, _King Kong_,_Son of
Kong_,
> and the unmade _Creation_,_War Eagles_ and _Gwangi_.
> > I wonder if the Brachiosaurus in the 1925 _The Lost World_, constructed
by
> Delgado, was the first life restoration of that dinosaur. Or was it
O.Abel's
> drawing? Anyone?
> > Harryhausen, at least early in his career, sculpted his own
creatures-and
> what fine ones they were. I believe the only Marcel Delgado models he
> animated were those in _Mighty Joe Young_.
> > Sometime, when things get really slow on this list, perhaps a fun
project
> would be to document the first appearence of restoration images of the
> various dinsaurian taxa.
> >Dan Varner.

Marcel Delgado, absolutely correct.  But I believe that the sauropod in
_The Lost World_ (1925) was a _Brontosaurus_ (a legendary creature with the
body of _Apatosaurus_ and the head of _Camarasaurus_).  That is how it
appears to me, and how it is named in the references I have.  If you can
provide references that disagree with this classification, please do.

Ralph Miller III <gbabcock@best.com>