Re: ABCNEWS.COM on dinosaur lungs

At 12:50 PM 11/14/97 -0500, WOlewiler@aol.com wrote:
>    ABCNEWS.COM today, November 14, has a feature on the current Science
>magazine (Nov. 14) article claiming that bird lungs are so dissimilar to
>dinosaur lungs that one could not have come from the other.

   Just a reminder to everybody that Gregory Paul has already ventured an
opinion on Ruben et al's conclusions.  You can refresh your memory either in
the archives or in my Journal.

   I also note from the article,

   "In their article on dinosaur lungs, Ruben and his
           collaborators looked at two fossils of the small
           dinosaur Sinosauropteryx, which caught a lot of
           attention earlier this year because it appears to
           have feathers."

   Is this claim (made, I'm assuming, by the author of the article) true?
Last news I have is that Ruben was working from photographs.