Re: Phyl tax misunderstandings (was Re: tetrapoda) (LONG)

In a message dated 97-11-14 21:01:30 EST, th81@umail.umd.edu writes:

<< Artcometatarsalia was once defined as the first taxon
 with the arctometatarsus and all of its descendants.  However, contra my
 analysis in 1994, this structure is almost certainly convergent in
 caenagnathids, mononykine alvarezsaurids, and true arctomets.  How could I
 resolve which lineage to use for such a definition? >>

Tom, I think you might have abandoned your taxon a bit too early...