Re: Lost World sauropod (was Re: _Velociraptor_ or Size)

Yep!

Big Dan is right!

The "brontosaurus" is the sort of "star" dino in the story, but there is quite
an array of beasts running around in the fire scene including several what
appear to be Brachiosaurus. This is even more apparent in the recent
reconstruction of the film which ads back a substantial number of scenes which
are missing from the video which is commonly available.

Some one of these days, we'll be getting around to posting a fuller story about
the dinos in this movie...with our usual peculiar paleontological spin on
things. (Check out the Gertie the Dinosaur article at
http://www.dinosaur.org/Gertie.htm if you have no idea what I'm talking about).
It's in the works.

We're interested, however, in what research was actually done for the film.

A lot of it was done for O'Brien's earlier film "Ghost of Slumber Mountain"
which also has a "bronto" in it amongst other beasts. Unfortunately the print I
have of that is so awful that it's not only hard to watch, but hard to make out
what is going on as well. We fully intend to inflict some of our barely visible
stills on all of you one of these days.

ES

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
ichat PAGER - dinogazette

Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Encyclopedia Brittanica Internet Guide, Yahoo Editor's Choice, Science Site of
the Day, Member of The Paleo Ring

Teefr - A new fantasy-adventure story for the whole family by Edward Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html

Laser Publishing Group, Planetarium Station, Box 502-DIG, NY, NY 10024-0502