Re: Phyl tax misunderstandings (was Re: tetrapoda) (LONG)

At 09:58 PM 11/14/97 -0500, Dinogeorge@AOL.COM wrote:
>Tom, I think you might have abandoned your taxon a bit too early...

Indeed. It has occurred to me that the non-arctometatarsalian condition in
oviraptorids, at least, may be a reversal, not a plesiomorphy.  In which
case the arctometatarsal condition in the caenagnathids would share an
origin with that of the bullatosaur+tyrannosaur clade.

[And I *still* not convinced that the mononykids are really birds].

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com