Re: What is a dromaeosaurid? (I usually can spell it)

At 05:24 1997-11-24 -0500, you wrote:
>Strictly, Dromaeosauridae is defined as " the most recent common ancestor of
>both Dromaeosaurus and Velociraptor", anything that is dromaeosaur-like, but
>does not fall within that clade is a Deinonychosaur.  Hope this helps.
>
>Pete

That kinda confused me. Deinonychosaurs are not  Dromaeosaurids, but
Deinonychus is, right? So close to Velociraptor that it has been proposed in
fact to be a one. So why Deinonychosaur? How would that be defined?
Any particular reason for that definition of Dromaeosaurid (which by the way
I usually can spell correctly :) )?

Jens-Hugo