Re: Megaraptor

Quoth Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.:
>Having seen photos & drawings of Megaraptor, I can say that it is very
>similar to dromaeosaurids if it isn't a true dromaeosaur.  Of course, there
>is another big avialian in the same sediments, for which we don't have
>overlapping material, so it may be that Megaraptor will lose its name in
>time...
        Is this to imply that dromaeosaurs are "avialians". What's an
"avialian"? Do big ones have sickle claws too? Is this like an avialan?
Aren't those birds? What's my name? Am I missing some important piece of
information here. I am very confused. I don't even know what day it is.
Excuse me, I have to go calculate the jadeite+quartz/anorthite phase boundary...

        Wagner
        "Chimp here does the killing." - Doug Mackenzie