RE: alert!

THESE ARE HOAXES!

Email is a passive system, it is not possible to contract a virus simply by
reading an email.

The only way to get viruses by email is if there is an attachment to the
email which contains an executable (program) file; or an attachment which
contains an infected document/spreadsheet etc.... And then only if you run
the program or open the document.

The simple rule is "if you are unsure about the source of any email, do not
open attachments."

This does not imply that you are completely safe - If your computer is
connected to a local Network, or the Internet, you will get viruses from
time to time. But you will not get them from sensible use of email.

John

John Clavin
Driver Development Group
Microsoft Ireland