Re: Jim Gurney bashing

Artist call this material that they use to creat their own illustrations
"scrap" and every illustrator I have ever worked with (made my living doing
technical and commerical illustration while in college). The practice is
considered neither illegal nor imoral.  In fact artists would freely exchange
material with others for the purpose as long as there was significant new
creative effort in the new work.  Practices such as tracing or photo
reproduction where considered to be ripping your colleagues off... all else
was fair game.

John Ellingson
Madison, wI