Re: Humor: the Uses of Sickle Claws

<< Cats climb, hold prey, rip flesh, run and scratch with
 >theirs.  Yes, they're not dinos but I fantasize about Utahraptor
 >scratching with the hind claw, holding onto prey, slashing and
 >holding with front claws and support for running and ??climbing.

Actually, the claws were merely for mating displays, and were used only for
ritualized combat, much like the "Tusks" on some of the early rodents.  Thus,
the claws were not used for hunting, and inadequately endowed Dromeosaurs
undoubtedly suffered from sickle envy...

Warmest regards,

Walt