RE: bipedal lunges

After mulling over the comments of John Calvin and Bill, I concede.  What
I'm struggling with is the physical and tactical difficulty of a "charge" by
a ceratopsian combined with the highly variable geometry of the offensive
armament.  For actual defense against predators, how do we get the horns, or
even the beak, into play while still -- literally -- allowing the
ceratopsian to cover his ass?  That's a big, vulnerable target, no matter
how well-protected the head.  Either the backside is never exposed (e.g. by
stolid group defense) or there's some way for the beast to turn rapidly.  I
was trying to come up with a behavior which would allow some of both.  What
are the other alternatives?

  --Toby White