Re: ROYAL TYRRELL MUSEUM UPDATES CANCELLED

Darren wrote
> I have just been informed by middle and upper management at the Royal
>Tyrrell Museum to immediately stop issuing my bimonthly and monthly lab and
>field updates of dinosaur research programme activities of Royal Tyrrell
>Museum staff.

Anybody knows an e-mail or snail-mail address where I could write to express
my support for Darren and his postings to this list ? It would not be fair to
ask
Darren for this address.

And what's wrong in calling Darren a scientist ? He is a perfectly respectable
scientist as far as I am concern. He has produced many scientific data and
published them in peer-reviewed journals. That is enough to be called a
scientist, whatever the RTM's middle or higher management thinks.

In my laboratory the formal designation of the technical staff is Medical
Laboratory Scientific Officer - in short Medical Scientist. They don't need to
have any degrees. They carry out scientific work, both clinical and research,
and are thus entitled to be called scientists.

Gautam Majumdar                 gautam@majumdar.demon.co.uk