Re: Still more claws

        Many of these same wonderful pictures may be seen in the book "The
Big Cats and Their Fossil Relatives."

>It must be a slow day on the net. I was finally able to get to the feature on
>cats at the National Geographic website, http://www.nationalgeographic.com/
>Hit search more features, then 1997 features, then search for cats. It's
>loaded with superb drawings and paintings by Mauricio Anton.
>I was delighted to find an animated(!) diagram by Anton of just exactly how
>the retractable claw of a cat works. Those of you interested in the recent
>discussions about dromaeosaur claws might want to check this out. Lots of
>great sabertooth drawings and paintings as well.
>Enjoy, Dan Varner.

bruce

        "We weren't trying to get children to start smoking, Senator.  We just
wanted to inform people that if they didn't switch to our brand of
cigarettes, Santa wouldn't bring them any presents."