Re: lay person

<< If I recall correctly there are about 1.5 million species of insect
 that have been given scientific names.  How many of them do you think
 have common names other than "beetle" or "bug"?

wasp, bee, yellowjacket, dirt dobber, fly (how many does that cover), water
bug/beetle, see, name an insect that we, the layperson, call by it's
scientific name, i'll bet you can only think of a few.

Jason