Re: So-called Sickle Claws

In a message dated 97-09-02 03:03:32 EDT, rjmeyer@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Personally, I like the idea of aboreal dromaeosaurs.  Yet, I have one
concern.
 Imagine an animal the size of _Dienonychus_ hanging from the trunk of a
tree.
 The majority of the weight of the animal would have to be borne by the two
 sickle-clawed toes.  Were the toes strong enough to bear all that weight? >>

I like the idea of arboreal dromaeosaurs, too.

Think of them not as 6-10 feet long and weighing 100 lbs but as 15-30 inches
long and weighing 2-4 lbs. Then the weight-bearing problem vanishes.