Re: The smallest elephants (was: The biggest dinosaurs)

In a message dated 97-09-02 04:38:24 EDT, lor@mrecic.gov.ar writes:

<< P.S.: It looks funny to me (funny peculiar, I mean) that Struthiosaurus,
which supposedly
 evolved in a predator-free environment, has retained its body armour and
spikes.
 Can anybody ellaborate on this? Thanks >>

Theropods are known from deposits that yield Struthiosaurus, but most of them
are unnamed and based on isolated teeth, etc. Not a predator-free
environment. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that the theropods were
dwarfed, too.