Re: Amylose (joke)

Jarno Peschier wrote:

> So yes, this would probably mean that chitine is more comparable to
> amylose than to cellulose as far as digestion is concerned and than
> chitine is thus fairly easy to digest..

        Amylose would probably be digested by the enzyme amylase,
which is found in human saliva. Does this mean that insects will
literally "melt in your mouth"? If there is anyone out there willing
to try this experiment please let me know of the results. I'm
curious, but not that curious.

        Dann Pigdon
        Melbourne, Australia