IGUNODON ORIENTALIS

Norm King wrote:

<<Does anyone know the correct generic assignment for what was called
"Iguanodon" orientalis in The Dinosauria (p. 513, Fig. 25.5)?  Thanks in
advance.>>

Apperently, Norman has concluded that the type of _Iguanodon orientalis_, is
in truth idemtical in almost every aspect to that of _Iguanodon
bernisartensis_.  Mind you, the big-nosed, pancake-head often refered to as
being _Iguanodon orientalis_ never was assigned to that species, and in fact
was never named anything.  I believe that Norman will be alleviating that
situation shortly as well.

Peter Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com

"I'd like to think that they were singing about something so beautiful it
can't be expressed in words; and it makes your heart ache because of it."