Re: THE VALIDITY OF TROODON AND SOME MUSINGS ON WHAT IS AND IS NOT A SCIENTIST

In a message dated 97-09-02 16:47:58 EDT, Tetanurae writes:

<< Yes, diagnostic to a point, but you can't tell me with a straight face
that you are 100% certain that _Troodon_ and _Stenonychosaurus_ came from the
same animal, you cannot even tell me with 50% certainty. >>

Indeed, the _Troodon_ type tooth and the _Stenonychosaurus_ type skeleton
come from strata of different ages in different localities. It's rather
>im<probable that they represent the same genus. Ditto _Pectinodon_.

What we need are skeletal topotype specimens for some of these tooth taxa.