Ankylosaurus pronunciation

At 11:36 AM 9/3/97 UT, Allan wrote:
>       When I was young, I thought it was pronounced 'ankle-o-saur', but after
> some
>education I came to realize that it should be pronounced 'an-KY-lo-saur'.  (Am
>I wrong or am I right?)

   From Ben Creisler's Dinosauria Translation and Pronunciation Guide:

Ankylosaurus Brown 1908 "fused lizard"
ANG-ki-lo-SAWR-us (c.u.: ang-KIE-lo-SAWR-us) (Gr. agkylos "bent, crooked"
[with the applied anatomical meaning "stiff" or "fused" as in "ankylosed,"
"ankylosis"] + Gr. sauros "lizard") (m) alluding to a range of anatomical
features in which bones have coossified or fused together: the skull has
"plates coossified in a continuous surface over the top and sides of the
skull"; the massive scapula and coracoid are "coossified and curved"; the
four posterior dorsal ribs "are firmly coossified to the vertebrae" to form
"a rigid framework for the support of the dermal armor;" and the armor
itself has plates "coossified to heavy bone" that "represent part of a
continuous shield" covering "part of the posterior dorsal or pelvic region."
The 1908 type material was missing both the coossified overlapping caudal
vertebrae and the massive club of fused dermal plates at the tip of the
tail, however. Brown characterized the family Ankylosauridae as having the
"backbone stiff," and noted the wide, bowed shape of the animal's ribs and
its supposed "strongly arched" back (an error based on a presumed
resemblance to stegosaurs and glyptodonts--ankylosaurs had rather flat
backs); thus, the additional meanings "stiff lizard" and "curved lizard"
probably should be read in the name Ankylosaurus as well. Ankylosauria
Ankylosauridae L. Cret. NA.