Re: Big = Old = Advanced?

<< It has been mentioned before that nesting hadrosaurs may have followed a
similar nesting strategy to penguins and other seabirds.  Perhaps this safety
in numbers
 defence helped in two ways.  Firstly, it would provide many more eyes and
ears
 to watch for danger.  Along those same lines, a mob of angry hadrosaurs may
have
 been enough to get even T. rex to change it's dinner reservations. >>

in my animal behavior last semester, we discussed the confusion and dilution
effect in predator/prey relations.  perhaps this is why they were in large
groups.  I forget which on is which, but one says that there are so many it
is more difficult for a predator to pick one out...and i forget what the
other is.

Jason