Re: Avimimus (was Re: Dinosaur Web Pages' Re-Opening)

At 08:12 PM 9/4/97 -0400, Dinogeorge wrote:
>I'm skeptical of the _Alvarezsaurus_-_Mononykus_ connection, since it is
>documented only in a couple of cladistic studies that seem to do little more
>than balance a random assortment of characters against an equally random
>assortment of characters without much regard for character suites.
        Ok, you got me, what does this mean? Should character sets, rather
than being random, be specifically designed to prove a point? How do you get
random character assortments? Or, for that matter, non-random ones? What is
a character suite?
        Wagner
               "Not the One..." -- Zathras (not Zathras)