Re: TEXAS T-REX

Glenn toca wrote:
>While checking a web site on T-REX I found a mention that a specimin was found
>in Texas.
        This specimen was discovered (in Big Bend National Park, the coolest
Hell on earth), described, and named _Tyrannosaurus vanus_ [sic?] by D.
Lawson in his master's thesis at UT Austin. In a later publication, he
considered it to be a specimen of T. rex. Some later workers (including
?Molnar? in _Dinosaur Systematics_?) have doubted this placement. It is
probably best considered, IMHO, to be an indeterminate tyrannosaurid.
        I have seen a cast of the specimen. It has an awfully big
whatchamacallit hole (Dr. Holtz, please feel free to add this to your
extraordinary scientific vocabulary) in front of the anteorbital fenestra,
and an awfully short maxilla.
        Before you tell me to go find the rest of it, far better men than I
have scoured BBNP for over forty years, so don't get your hopes up...

        Wagner

P.S. I'm told naming stuff in your masters thesis isn't good. The feathered,
sickle clawed, toothed ornithomimisaur with a keeled sternum, furcula, and
large obturator process in the shape of a chia pet from the middle Paleocene
of the Bahamas which I will be describing for my thesis will not recieve its
scientific name of _Angemimus biscutdo_ until it is formally written up in
Nature.
               "Not the One..." -- Zathras (not Zathras)