Re: Teeth

In a message dated 97-09-07 14:04:00 EDT, Tom paleo writes:

<< It is my understanding that D. potens ( RE  the Arundel) is both a nomen
dubium and the genus Dryptosuarus is a Late Cretaceous form better known from
the Late K of New Jersey.  Interestingly, Gilmore (I believe but I will have
to double check) renamed D. potens to "Creosaurus potens" ,

 The whole taxonomic story of this thing is a bit confusing so before I say
any more, I want to recheck my refs before I get blasted by somebody ;-) >>

It was the other way round: _Creosaurus potens_ was its original name (Lull,
1911) and Gilmore referred it to _Dryptosaurus_ in 1920. It probably belongs
in neither genus, and it's presently a nomen dubium.