TLW REARS ITS UGLY HEAD ONCE AGAIN (was Re: Predator relationships)

Chris Campbell wrote:

> I suspect that the various Dromaeosaurs and large therapods had very
>different > lifestyles, and thus probably didn't come into contact much.
>This is one of
> the few things I liked about _The_Lost_World_ (the other being the
>nifty-keen > effects); the portrayal of 'raptors as grassland predators
>and the _T._rex_ as > a more forest bound species was interesting and
>fairly sensible.

Oh puh-leeze! How can dromaeosaurs be "grassland predators" when there was
no grass?! Can we please refrain from discussing real dinosaurs and
JURASSIC PARK in the same breath? I'm sure plenty of people are tired of me
bleating this same old note every time this comes up (trust me, no one is
more sick of it than I am...), but can we please remember that despite the
hiring of renowned dinosaur paleontologist Jack Horner as Scientific
Consultant on The Lost World, and despite Spielberg's claims of accuracy,
The Lost World IS ONLY A MOVIE, NOT A TREATISE ON DINOSAUR BEHAVIOR. Sorry,
kids, but there were no real dinosaurs in TLW, only your typical,
run-of-the-mill Hollywood monsters.

Brian (franczak@ntplx.net)