Re: Interesting hypothetical...

There is very little that can withstand the combined fire power of a
modern infantry platoon. The raptors would have to achieve complete
surprise from very close quarters to prevail. A unit with a minigun or m
- 60 machinegun would reduce a tyrannosaur to bloodly slosh in seconds.A
raptor pack would have about the same chance as a group of peasents with
hay forks. Considering the speed and agility of birds and , therefore,
probably therapods like raptors, I wouldn't want one after me no matter
how I was equipped. But a modern military unit is disciplined and would
deliver concentrated fire where it would do the most good.

Movies like Jurassic Park led me to appreciate the possible potential of
some animals with regard to speed and agility. Speilberg got over the
point that some were very much like birds and established just exactly
what that would mean. Seeing it was a lot different than reading about it.

Steve

Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu