Re: Topics of *Extreme* Irritation ( take with grain of salt)

Matthew Troutman wrote:

>  I need to make a FEW statements of what people have said on this list.
>
>  1) Long Scientific Debates turn this List off to people. I don't know
> about you but that's the reason I subscribed to this WONDERFUL list. I
> *LOVE* long scientific debates and I think George will agree with me.
> Right?

Definitely.  I save 'em for posterity.

>  2) Jurassic Park and Lost World. Okay, I agree with Brian that we
> should tone down on the refs to the two flicks. Though I personally
> liked both for the entertainment value and thought provoking situations
> I think we should tone down the refs.

*What* refs?  I've seen one on this list in the time I've been on it,
and it's one I made.  Everything we've seen the last couple of weeks has
been in response to that one offhand remark.

>  3) "Raptors" . GOD, I wish that they should stop saying that damn
> nick-name.

I like dromies myself.  Might be a bit too cute for some folks, though.

>  This email didn't live up to its title I know but I think many people
> agree with the points I made.

I agree in principle, certainly.  Particularly with the third; no one
thinks of birds of prey anymore when you say "raptor," and that's kinda
sad.  :(

Chris