Re: Interesting hypothetical...

>       My brother put his money on the raptors.  My money went on the
> Marines.  Who wins the bet?  Could human beings with body armor and
> rifles hold their own against raptors on the raptors' home turf?

      Considering that real life dromeosaurs, even large _Utahraptor_
sized ones, aren't bulletproof and would probably run like hell at the
noise and carnage of gunfire, your bet is pretty safe on the Marines.
Keep in mind that these were real animals.  Think about how a sabretooth cat,
with equally flashy and impressive armament would fare against a man with
a machine gun.

LN Jeff
O-