T.rex Predation and/or scavenging

 T.rex was very obviously a predator and a scavenger. I think Horner has
acculmulated a lot of evidence toward the scavenger theory. But the
thing about the theory was Horner is not *really* serious about the
theory. He has said at a lecture at the Field Museum that he just sort
of threw it out into the ring and would see what happened. He thought
that people too readily excepted the predator theory for the
tyrannosaurs and he wanted, in typical Horner sense, to stir up the
dinosaur science and make people make *SCIENTIFIC* conclusions by
looking at the evidence. He said once he saw some really really
*compelling* evidence that he would recant his position when that
happened.  Now that's Science.

 Well let's get back on topic. I used to think tyrannosaurs were
scavengers a long long time ago. But I have shifted my position to go
with what the evidence tells me. First of all in the vein of Bakker, the
cnemial crest. All running animals need large, strong, and long muscles.
The large cnemial crest obviously supports this theory that they could
run fast. Saying that if they tripped and fell they would break their
necks is like saying that ostriches cannot run. If you take the ant or
insect perceptive huge animals like ostiches cannot run 50 mph! Think
about it.

 Why would a scavenger evolve such a large head? It doesn't make sense
that a scavenger should have such a cranium. I mean look at it. Its one
of the biggest things I have ever seen. It provides lots of room for
muscles and lots of bracing for the teeth. You look at the front of the
T.rex skull and it stares back at you.

 Though this didn't accumulate a lot of evidence I hope you will all get
the general idea.

 WMattTroutman