Re: Interesting hypothetical...

At 09:48 PM 9/8/97 -0500, Harold Hutchison wrote:
>       My brother put his money on the raptors.  My money went on the
>Marines.  Who wins the bet?  Could human beings with body armor and
>rifles hold their own against raptors on the raptors' home turf?

I would think you do.  I am with the "no animal can stand up against human
killing technology" response.

When somebody asks me what the most dangerous animal on Earth is I say:
you/we are.  If we can drive blue whales to the verge of extinction, then
no dinosaur that ever lived could hope to survive our technology.  (A heavy
machine and a couple of grenade throwers will blow away just about any
unprotected flesh).

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com