Re: taxon toast

zenlizard@juno.com (Sam j hogan) wrote:

> OK, when I was growing up, there was _Trachodon_; if you have been
> following the recent posts on the list, you know why that's dead.  We all
> also know (or should, by now)  about  _Brontosaurus_  being
> _Apatosaurus_.  Dinogeorge doesn't like  _Ablysodon_  (sp?).  Question:
> what other dinosaur genera have  been sunk, or most likely are junior
> synonyms of other genera?

For one view, see my Genus List:
http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~tkeese1/dinosaur/genera.htm
I've collected a list of over 800 genera that were assigned at some point
to non-ornithothoracean Ornithodira. Names that aren't links are either
junior synonyms or genera that have turned out to belong to some other
taxon.

For another view, see Stanley Friesen's page. I think that's
http://www.crl.com/~sarima
right?

--T. Mike Keesey
tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu