Re: T.rex Predation and/or scavenging

In a message dated 97-09-11 05:22:13 EDT, m_troutman@hotmail.com (Matthew
Troutman) writes:

<< He thought
 that people too readily excepted the predator theory for the
 tyrannosaurs and he wanted, in typical Horner sense, to stir up the
 dinosaur science and make people make *SCIENTIFIC* conclusions by
 looking at the evidence. He said once he saw some really really
 *compelling* evidence that he would recant his position when that
 happened.  Now that's Science.  >>

Very interesting. I have taken PRECISELY the same position with respect to
the hypothesis of segnosaurs as theropods. When Jack works that way, it's
science; when I work that way, I'm being obdurate. I guess that's the big
difference between Jack and me, eh? Another difference: I think I'm right, in
this case; that is, I don't think "compelling evidence" that segnosaurs are
theropods is ever going to turn up.