Eryops

My old Giant Golden Book of Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Reptiles (Jane
Werner Watson, Golden Press, 1960, New York) [now having gone through my
five children, as well!] contains a picture of one creature that has always
fascinated me. It sits there, brooding on the lower left hand corner of
page 10.
Although technically it's not a dinosaur (lived about 240 million years
ago, and was an amphibian), and it probably couldn't take out a lost Cub
Scout, much less a pack of Marines. I wonder if anybody knows anything
about _Eryops_ that might be new and interesting.
Just for old times' sake.
Thanks,
Mark Salter
National Marketing Director