Re: Dromies and Velocies - A Formal Proposal

Sorry - Dromies makes me think of old Joe camel's replacement spokes-model.
 I'd hate to see the list get flamed by the AZAD list for stealing a
nickname!  (Given adequate cover and the element of surprise, could a pack
of paleontologists conquer a well armed squadron of zookeepers?)

At 06:43 PM 9/11/97 -0400, D.I.G. wrote:
>To counteract the abhorrent linguistic plague of the dreaded "R" word,
>and drawing upon the mass sentience of this esteemed list, we would like
>to formally propose the following words for future usage.
>
>Dromy (singular) Dromies (plural)
>
>Velocy (singular) Velocies (plural)
>
>We think this hits the "cuteness" quotient right on the head. It should
>pass PC muster with the most stringent animal rights groups as well
>(although the secessionist government in Quebec may want an alternative
>spelling and we have to recognize that possibility in advance).
>
>Remember now, this is going out into the Ashkasic record and will be
>there for untold generations of everyday people. So think carefully,
>folks.
>
>Will someone please come up with some way to vote on this so that we all
>know when it's official?  Is anyone a UN representative here?
>
>Thanks.
>
>ES
>
>--
>When you think of dinosaurs, think of DIG!
>The Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette - 245 Million Years of News at
>Dinosaur Central
>http://www.dinosaur.org
>Yahoo Editor's Choice, Science Site of the Day, Member of The Paleo Ring
>
>Teefr - A new fantasy-adventure story for the whole family by Edward
>Summer
>http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html
>Book Three of the Teddy Trilogy. Member of The Author Ring.
>
>Laser Publishing Group
>Planetarium Station, Box 502-DIG, NY, NY 10024-0502

        In Peace - SarahAnne