Re: Tyrannosaur landscapes

Betty Cunningham replies that," bull moose are wider than Triceratops are".
In the first place I never said "bull" moose. In fact it was an enormous cow
I saw disappear into an aspen thicket up in northern Minnesota way too many
years ago. The moose's legs are very long and slender (yet powerful). It is
designed for the thick brush and alder bogs, not to forget aquatic feeding. I
really couldn't imagine anything more different than the design and
silhouette of Triceratops.I don't know what the behavior is of the bull moose
when their racks are full grown- at least as to their behavior when running
through thickets and such. I do know, however, that Triceratops with those
forwardly directed horns is going to tire very quickly from getting snagged
on everything in sight. This is not to mention the enormous swath cut by
Triceratops' breast and front limbs.
As for the actual widths of these animals in comparison, you might want to
take a tape measure to the Science Museum of Minnesota's huge Triceratops
skeleton (and it's considered a juvenile!). I'll be there in several weeks
and check it out myself. We'll get back to you,
Dan Varner.