Feeling cranky this morning

          In the good-news-and-bad-news department, in today's mail I
     received a booklet about the infamous Tyrannosaurus named Sue (I hope
     that it turns out that the beast in question was really a male.  Given
     all of its injuries, it would be fun to be able to say that life
     wasn't easy for a boy named Sue).  The good news is that it has
     several gorgeous color photographs of the specimen.  The bad news is
     that the booklet is a Sotheby's catalog.

     <Intemperate remarks to follow; please disregard if any of the
     following is offensive>

     The phrase "bottom-feeders" came irresistibly to mind.  But that's
     unfair.  I spent several years of my life as a marine biologist
     studying the food habits of deep-sea crabs and demersal fishes, during
     which time I developed a great deal of respect for bottom-feeders.
     You may now draw the appropriate inference....

     The preceding are my own thoughts and feelings, and do not reflect the
     official position of anybody else, yadda yadda yadda blah blah
     blah....