Re: Paleocene Dinosaurs

Dan,

> but it was Farlow and one or two other authors who presented the results
of their experiment >with the teeth in a tumbler. I think the distance was
in the neighborhood of 300 miles in the
>simulation. Maybe Farlow will comment on this.

If he's still on the list, I hope he will.  The article in Dinosaurs Past
and Present was awfully convincing.....

>There is some supposed South American Paleocene dinosaur material, but I
>haven't heard about this for a long time. Probably shared a similar fate.
>The only other red herring (although not rework) I can think of are
recurring
>reports of large ceratopsians from Asia. Names have been established but I
>have yet to see or hear of anything convincing. Sea level being higher then
>and the fact that horned dinosaurs seemed to be designed for drowning, I
>rather doubt anything will come of it. If horned dinosaurs were present in
>east Asia one would expect to be tripping over them like you do in Wyoming
>and Montana. Nobody has tripped so far. But we'll see what others on the
list
>might have to say.

Does anybody have any information on these 'paleocene' items?

>By the way, the "bug" in bug creek is Barnum Brown's Tyrannosaurus which
was
>discovered nearby. The actual site is now beneath the waters of the Fort
Peck
>resevoir. I've been to the Bug Creek locality and that's where I almost
>stepped on the biggest Prairie Rattler I've ever seen.

He (the rattler) probably didn't bite because he realized he was of too
recent a species to be of interest to a paleontologist ;).

Best Regards.....Steve