Re: (Fwd) Dromies and Velocies - A Formal Proposal

I guess some people can't tell the difference between humor and a serious
proposal

<< To counteract the abhorrent linguistic plague of the dreaded "R" word,
 and drawing upon the mass sentience of this esteemed list, we would like
 to formally propose the following words for future usage.

 Dromy (singular) Dromies (plural)

 Velocy (singular) Velocies (plural)

 We think this hits the "cuteness" quotient right on the head. It should
 pass PC muster with the most stringent animal rights groups as well
 (although the secessionist government in Quebec may want an alternative
 spelling and we have to recognize that possibility in advance).

 Remember now, this is going out into the Ashkasic record and will be
 there for untold generations of everyday people. So think carefully,
 folks.

 Will someone please come up with some way to vote on this so that we all
 know when it's official?  Is anyone a UN representative here?

 Thanks.

 ES

 Why do we need new names for the Dromaeosauridae and
 Velociraptorinae?!  This is a scientific list.  No one cares if the
 names for dinosaurs are "cute". If scientists had wanted that, we
 would have Sweetlittlesauruses and Daddyslittleraptor.  I see no need
 to abbreviate the names of clades, and if there was a need, we would
 at least use something more like Dromae. and Veloc.  This is a
 scientific list so I'm sure that no one will ratify the proposal.
 Sorry if you're looking for some _real_ information on dinosaurs, but
 I had to vent.  I hope people will stop using inane abbreviations.