Dinosaur TV Week

Here are some highlights of U.S. national television programming
regarding dinosaurs, all times Eastern:

Thursday, September 18

2:35am, TBS (some regard this as "late night Wednesday")
Caveman
Very amusing slapstick.  Ringo Starr is often chased by stop motion
dinosaurs.  Forget Jurassic Park, this is the finest and most
accurate portrayal of dinosaurs ever on screen, especially that
hungry fellow with the pumpkin on his horn.

8:00pm, Sci-Fi Channel
seaQuest DSV
Part of a polar ice cap thaws and a 200 foot long prehistoric
crocodile pops out, somehow, alive.  Our heros try to contain
the apparently irate archosaur.  (This was that failed TV series by
Spielberg about a submarine.  Like me, most people never saw a single
episode, but this sounds like a real howler and worth a peek.)

Friday, September 19

8:30pm and 11:30pm, TLC
Paleoworld
Trail of the Neanderthal
Scientists and others seek out skulls and other evidence of this
charming brain-eating fella, who's enjoying quite a renaissance
these days.

Saturday, September 20

2:00pm, Discovery Channel
Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World
"Dragons, Dinosaurs and Giant Snakes"
Title sounds like a typical Clarkian debunk/explanation of dragon
mythology, but the episode synopsis describes scientists looking for
a monkey photographed by a Swiss geologist in 1980!  Something
is rotten in the state of Denmark.  Which is correct, title or
synopsis?  You be the judge.

Sunday, September 21

10:30am, Discovery Channel
Bonehead Detectives of the Paleoworld
"Dino Tanks"
Children's program about paleontology.  This episode: evolution of
the Stegosaurus.

God, Country, TV --

Larry

I'm not interested in how dinosaurs lived
I'm just glad they're dead

Jack Horner as quoted by Dan Quayle