Re: Semper Die(again)

There is already and IMAX 3D dinosaur movie in production which should
be ready within a year. No guarantee it won't P*** off the purists, but
I'm sure it will be interesting! I've seen some of the test footage and
it looks great!

ES

Casey Tucker wrote:

> I have a suggestion for anyone, willing, to play with.  Last year
> there was
> a movie about the lives of insects called Microcosms.  It was filmed
> in a
> documentary style and looked at the intricate interactions of various
> insects and their terrestrial arthropod relatives.  There was no
> narration,
> or words describing the action, just music.  With modern C.G.
> technology,
> why can't they make a really nice, **ACCURATE**, movie based on
> dinosaurs
> (similar to Bakker's creation of Raptor Red, except without the silly
> names
> and anthropomorphic characters).  It could be one of those IMAX
> (Omni-Max
> depending on where you're from) films and the proceeds could go toward
>
> dinosaur science. If the "other" recent dino. films drew alot of
> people to
> see them, why couldn't this?
>
> Well, it's just an idea from an idealistic under-grad.
>
> Casey T.
> TUCKERCJ@MUohio.edu
> Miami University
> Oxford, Ohio
>
> ----------
> > From: Kevin James Dracon <jconrad@lib.drury.edu>
> > To: Chris Campbell <sankarah@ou.edu>
> > Cc: WhitcraJ@SMTPLINK.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU; dinosaur@usc.edu
> > Subject: Re: Semper Die(again)
> > Date: Thursday, September 11, 1997 9:24 PM
> >
> > It seems that a lot of people are down on JP and TLW.  However, I
> believe
> > that these movies have greatly increased the public interest in
> dinosaurs.
> > This may mean (I could be wrong) that more people will go to the
> museums,
> > and if so (this is really sticking my neck out) perhaps there will
> be
> > more money going into paleontology because of this.  SO, even though
> it
> > may be inaccurate in many ways and somewhat misinforming to the
> public,
> > the movie industry is helping paleontology overall (if my hypothesis
> is
> > correct) and therefore should be spared at least some of the tongue
> > lashings.
> >
> > This is just my opinion, flame at will.
> >
> > Raw Jack (ready to be roasted)

Dinosaur Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Yahoo Editor's Choice, Science Site of the Day, Member of The Paleo Ring

Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html
Book Three of the Teddy Trilogy. Member of The Author Ring.

Laser Publishing Group
Planetarium Station, Box 502-DIG, NY, NY 10024-0502