Re: Semper Die(again)

(Those of you who have been here for a while may safely ignore the
following)

Having been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, I can tell you (again
for those who just joined the list) from experience that Hollywood is a
BUSINESS and is about as interested in science as vegetarians are in a
steak dinner.

Idealisim all aside, there has to be some way to recoup the tremendous
investment of real dollars when one makes a movie. While I sure there
are at least 11 people in the world who would love to see a real,
true-to-life, scientifically accurate dino movie, Hollywood believes
(whether they are right or wrong) that the other 2 billion people want
to see something more along the lines of total mayhem regardless of
whether it is accurate or not.

Ole Man Mose has spoken.

Kevin James Dracon wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Casey Tucker wrote:
>
> > I have a suggestion for anyone, willing, to play with.  Last year
> there was
> > a movie about the lives of insects called Microcosms.  It was filmed
> in a
> > documentary style and looked at the intricate interactions of
> various
> > insects and their terrestrial arthropod relatives.  There was no
> narration,
> > or words describing the action, just music.  With modern C.G.
> technology,
> > why can't they make a really nice, **ACCURATE**, movie based on
> dinosaurs
> > (similar to Bakker's creation of Raptor Red, except without the
> silly names
> > and anthropomorphic characters).  It could be one of those IMAX
> (Omni-Max
> > depending on where you're from) films and the proceeds could go
> toward
> > dinosaur science. If the "other" recent dino. films drew alot of
> people to
> > see them, why couldn't this?
> >
> > Well, it's just an idea from an idealistic under-grad.
> >
> > Casey T.
> > TUCKERCJ@MUohio.edu
> > Miami University
> > Oxford, Ohio
> >

> I think that's an AWESOME idea!!  That would be great!!  I wish
> someone on
> this list knew of some way to get it done!! (actually, that's more of
> hope :)
>
> Jack

Dinosaur Central
http://www.dinosaur.org
Yahoo Editor's Choice, Science Site of the Day, Member of The Paleo Ring

Summer
http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr.html
Book Three of the Teddy Trilogy. Member of The Author Ring.

Laser Publishing Group
Planetarium Station, Box 502-DIG, NY, NY 10024-0502