dino and related books

Hi All

I am trying to improve my library of dinosaur and vertebrate
paleo. books.  My funds for buying books are extremely limited, so
I would like to get opinions on the following book (reply off list if
you wish).

David Norman: "Prehistoric Life:  The Rise of the Vertebrates".

I also obtained Chris McGowan's book on "Make Your Own Dinosaur out
of Chicken Bones".  Has anybody on the list actually tried it?  If so, how
long did it take.  I am definitely NOT a "Little Leonardo", so I imagine
it will take me longer than is mentioned in the book.  I know it is
really meant for kids but a friend and I decided it might be fun to do
anyway.

Any and all replies will be gratefully received.

Lora Nelson
ap311@freenet.toronto.on.ca