Re: TLW and JP and the accuracy of authors

> From:          kmh <lonid@netone.com>

> OUCH!  Of course Larry didn't mean to slap me in the face and imply my
> decade of experience counts for absolutely nothing.  And of course,
> there are houses devoted to accuracy.  However, those of us slaving away
> to make a living as writers aren't always able to cling only to those
> better houses.

Of course I was not criticizing your work experience.  I was
criticizing something entirely different.

You can't have it both ways.  You can't just say that you innocently
submitted your wonderfully accurate text and had it mangled by the
big bad publisher when you *took the money* and knew you had *no*
power to approve changes.  In that case, if changes were made to
make your article inaccurate, you were part of the process.
Live with it.

You need money?  Fine; we all do.  Just don't run away from the
responsibility that comes with your decisions.

Larry

I'm not interested in how dinosaurs lived
I'm just glad they're dead

Jack Horner as quoted by Dan Quayle