Dinosaur Books

In last week's list, there were several postings concerning the merits of
Lessem et al.'s
"Dinosaur Encyclopedia", with rather different opinions about it.

Since there are correspondants from several countries in this list, and many of
us inhabit quite
far from the States, often we don't have the latest releases available for
browsing as soon as
we wish. Sometimes we mail order just on a succint catalog information or
author's fame only,
and quite often we get stuck with lousy material, not worth the paper it's
printed on!

Even those who live two blocks away from Amazon Books General Headquarters, not
always
have the chance, or the time, or the bucks to review every book is published.

I'm not asking for a Top Ten of dino books, but I think it would be a good
service to everybody to
find in the list, every now and then, comments on books just published, how
complete and/or
accurate they are, the quality of the images, pros and cons to help make a
purchasing decision
to those of us who are mail order bounded to keep our library updated.

(Of course, I know your book is the BESTEST, *kel, but infortunately, I live
10.000 miles away
from the places it names... Aren't you planning to write a sequel on South
American sites, by
any chance?)   ;)

Regards,

Oscar