Re: New Bird Evolution Book

In a message dated 97-09-16 20:30:08 EDT, martz@holly.ColoState.EDU writes:

<< A second bird book by an expert with a strong minority opinion.
 With all respect to Dr. Chatterjee (and even Dr. Fedducia),  I'm still
 waiting for somebody to produce an up to date bird evolution book that
 explores in detail the more mainstream opinion of bird origins from later
 Mesozoic theropods. >>

In case you've forgotten, birds were already in existence at the time of the
"later Mesozoic theropods" and therefore cannot be their descendants. What
you're looking for is a book about the evolution of birds from "earlier
Mesozoic theropods," or something like that. But what you really want, of
course, is a book about the evolution of certain "later Mesozoic theropods"
from earlier Mesozoic birds. I'm still working on that one.