Re: T.rex bite marks

> a large portion, or even most of its diet because the local carcass
> biomass probably wasn't enough to subsist on, but the size of the
> olfactory bulb implies to me it could have had specializations toward
> scavenging that went beyond just stumbling across carcasses when it was
> out hunting.
>
> LN Jeff
> O-

Dogs (i.e. wolves) have a wonderful sense of smell, but this is not
considered an adaptation for scavenging so far as I know.  Could the
olfactory bulb (and therefore the sense of smell) in _T.rex_ be
interpreted the same as the sense of smell in wolves?

Just a question, because everyone seems to be accepting that a keen sense
of smell would automatically mean that an animal was a scavenger.

jc