Re: T-rex predation

> From:          pwillis@ozemail.com.au (Paul Willis)

> Most ecosystems where large crocs are present, they are both the top
> carnivore and (usually) extensive, opportunistic scavengers. Your example
> of crocs in Africa ignores the seasonality of antelopes as a resource.
> During the wet season, they and other animals are less inclined to approach
> large water hole because other waterholes are available and crocs usually
> resort to scavenging to make up for the loss.

Yes.  And they are the top carnivores of their ecosystem only, which
is primarily aquatic (except for example the unusual lion pride that
hunts in and around the water.  There's always a non-conformist).
Like most large carnivores, they eat what gets near them when they're
hungry.  Heck, I saw a T rex eat a lawyer!:))

Michael