Re: Sinosauropteryx: 2 Questions

At 11:42 AM 9/17/97 -0700, Gigi Babcock or Ralph Miller III wrote:
>This apparent
>frill feature, along with the extremely long tail, may suggest that
>_Sinosauropteryx_ was a semi-aquatic theropod (according to Geist et al).

   Another random thought crossed my mind.  _Sinosauropteryx_ was found in a
lake environment while the famous _Compsognathus_ specimen was found in a
lagoonal environment.  There was a discussion on the list a month or so ago
about other _Compsognathus_ specimens, but I remember locations of where
they were found rather than environments.  Were the environments where the
other specimens lived also "wet?"