RE: unusual question

At 07:45 PM 9/17/97 -0400, Steve wrote:

>Please excuse a silly question from an interested novice -- maybe it's
having all this news about Keith Rigby -- but what *is* the Pele Hypothesis?
I've been doing a little looking on the net and am not finding much, an curious.

Pelee'(sp.) is the Hawaiian Goddess of Fire, so I imagine that the Pelee'
Hypothesis is the hypothesis that extreme volcanism (specifically, the
Deccan Traps of India) were the main culprit in the K-T boundary extinctions.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661